It is possible to withdraw from research master's study at the University of Otago either temporarily or permanently.

To withdraw temporarily, a deferral can be sought. Students are technically unenrolled during the deferral process and will no longer have access to resources.

Graduate Research School—Changes to admission details

A comment will be added to the academic record and the programme will be lapsed. If any refund is due this will be processed by Revenue Management.