To change your citizenship or residency details, you need to supply the University of Otago with an original or correctly certified (witnessed/notarised) copy of documents to support the change.
New Zealand and Australian citizens
If you become a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details, or
- Your citizenship certificate
New Zealand or Australian resident class visa holders
If you become a New Zealand or Australian resident class visa holder, you will need to provide:
- The page of your passport that shows your name and other details
- Your residence visa label, or
- Appropriate documentation confirming you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (New Zealand residents only), or
- A confirmation email sent directly from the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service to AskOtago that you have been granted an electronic visa/eVisa (Australian permanent residents only)
New and current international students with pending New Zealand residency are advised to seek advice from the University about their situation:
If you have refugee status, you must provide the original or a certified copy of the letter from the Immigration Service entitling you to reside in New Zealand or Australia.