Typically, the requirements to be admitted to a PhD program at the University of Otago are:
- A bachelor's degree with first or upper second–class honours, which must include a research component with a minimum grade equivalent to a B+ at Otago, or
- A master's degree with a dissertation or thesis component equivalent to at least 0.25 EFTS and minimum grade equivalent to a B+ at the University of Otago
Review the PhD programme regulations for more detail.
Equivalent qualifications and/or work experience will be considered, however it is essential that you have some research experience, whether this is:
- A substantial thesis or dissertation as part of your study, or
- Equivalent professional research experience, or
- Peer–reviewed academic publications