It is normally expected that you will be living and studying in New Zealand while enrolled for the degree, but distance learning is possible.
Discuss this with your potential supervisor and department at the start of your application process who will submit a distance plan outlining the arrangement.
If you are:
- A New Zealand or Australian permanent resident, or
- An Australian citizen, or
- An international student
You will be required to pay international fees if you are living and studying overseas.
A distance plan should answer the following questions:
- Where will the candidate be based?
- Will there be a local co-supervisor?
- Will the candidate be affiliated with any other institution?
- How will supervision at a distance work (e.g. frequency of meetings, Skype, etc.)?
- Any other relevant information