You can be classified as a domestic student if you are:

  • A New Zealand citizen (including citizens of the Cook Islands, Tokelau, and Niue), or
  • A holder of a New Zealand residence class visa granted under the Immigration Act 2009, residing and studying in New Zealand, or
  • An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia, resident and studying in New Zealand

To gain admission to the University of Otago as a domestic student, you must:

  1. Apply through the online enrolment system, eVision.
  2. Meet the University Entrance Standard (or equivalent).
  3. Be selected into a programme.

You should research your study options before you start. You will need to consider:

Further information