To connect to UO_WIFI the wireless service name (SSID) of "UO_WIFI" will need to be visible on your device. UO_WIFI is the wireless network available to staff, enrolled students, and contractors to use at the University of Otago.
To connect to UO_WIFI on a Windows or macOS computer, or on an iPhone/iPad, simply select it from your list of available networks, enter your username and password, and click Connect. If you are presented with a request to Accept or Trust the network, go ahead and do so.
To connect to UO_WIFI on an Android phone, you’ll need to alter the network settings first. Open up the network settings by tapping on the network in the list of available networks (or if you’ve tried to connect before, press and hold, then select Modify). Select the following settings (see notes in brackets/extra settings for Pixel 3a users):
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2—this is sometimes found under the Advanced section
- CA certificate: unspecified, or Do not validate (Pixel 3a users: Use system certificate)
- Online certificate status (Pixel 3a users only): Request certificate status
- Domain (Pixel 3a users only): staff = "otago.ac.nz" student = "student.otago.ac.nz"
- Identity: your University username (Pixel 3a users: Registry\ or student\University username)
- Anonymous Identity: (leave blank)
- Password: your University password
- MAC Address Type: Use device MAC (available on Android 8.0 or later). Turn off MAC Randomisation on Android 10 devices
- Security (if required): 802.1x EAP
Tap Save or Connect.
Download the UO_WIFI network connection tip sheets for more detailed step-by-step instructions:
- Windows 10 (PDF 343KB)
- Windows 8 (PDF 402KB)
- Windows 7 (PDF 411KB)
- macOS X (PDF 367KB)
- Linux Ubuntu 22.04 (PDF 234KB)
- iOS (PDF 379KB)
- Android (PDF 382KB)
- Joining a Chromebook to UO_WIFI (PDF 125KB)
If you have any problems connecting to the network, contact AskOtago:
See the related article: Troubleshooting Huawei phone wireless connection issues.
Unable to log in to UO_WIFI with external username
If a Property Services contractor is unable to log in to UO_WIFI for contact tracing purposes because their external account is expired, they will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to renew their ps contractor account.