Other people's printing seems to be coming out before mine/My printing is cancelled and someone else's printing has started
If you have printed using a departmental cost centre and you have logged out, the printer will stop your printing when someone else logs in so it can reassign the device to the new cost centre, and your printing won't be completed. Don't log out until your printing is complete, and wait until a previous user's printing has completed before logging in to the printer.
PDF won't print
Are you printing from Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge as your default PDF viewer?
If so, change your PDF viewer to Adobe Acrobat Reader, or contact AskOtago
Photos won't print
Are you printing from Windows 10 using Photos as your default image viewer?
If so, either right-click on your photo and select Print from the menu, or contact AskOtago
The Colour print queue is selected but the document comes out in Black & White
- If you are printing from a PDF, check that File > Print > Print in grayscale (black and white) has not been ticked.
- If you are printing from PowerPoint, check that File > Print > Settings > Colour is selected.
- If you are printing from Publisher, check that File > Print > Settings > Composite RGB is selected.
- Check whether a PDF or Word document is still open in the background, as Microsoft/Adobe will reuse the last used settings if a document is still open.
The printed document is not an accurate size
If you are printing from a PDF, make sure that Actual Size is selected (under Page Sizing & Handling).
All the print settings have changed from default/ten copies have printed and I only wanted one
If you are printing from a PDF or Word, are any PDF or Word documents still open but minimised? Both Adobe and Microsoft remember the print settings from the last job still open and will apply them to the current job.
The printer says "Load Paper"
At the device, press the Status Monitor/Cancel button on the control panel. Check the paper type settings. You now have three options:
- Confirm/OK the chosen paper drawer.
- Select another drawer to release your print job then click OK.
- Cancel the print job.
The printer says "Load Paper" when there is already paper in the trays
- Replenish paper.
- Adjust the paper guides.
- Check the paper type settings.
- If printing from a PDF, make sure that Choose paper source by PDF page size is unticked.
- If printing from Word, check that Paper Source (under Page Layout > Page Setup > Paper) has an option selected other than Auto.
Going through my printing budget too quickly
- Log out after using the printer
- Check you are printing from B&W print queues
- Check you are copying in B&W
- Check you aren't printing from the Colour print queue by default
- Check you aren't copying in Colour using Auto (Colour and B&W)
PDF file with a mix of portrait and landscape pages won't print properly
Are you printing from Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro? Sometimes the landscape pages won't print properly even though the auto-rotate setting is ticked. If so, the Choose Paper Source by PDF page size box needs to be unticked (this may be ticked by default).
Contact AskOtago if you are still having problems printing.