You can change your legal name, citizenship, or residency information by requesting a change in eVision or in person at an AskOtago Hub with the appropriate documentation.

You can amend your name, citizenship or residency details at any time. If you are an international student, it is recommended that you speak to an advisor in the International Office before amending citizenship or residency details, as this may affect your visa status.

How do I amend my legal name, citizenship or residency

To amend your details online:

  1. Log in to eVision.
  2. Click on the Change my details link on the main page.
  3. Click the Review personal details button.
  4. Scroll down to the Request a change box, enter the information you want to update, and upload any certified (witnessed or notarised) documentation.

Log in to eVision

For more information on documentation, visit the certified documents page on the University of Otago website.

To change your details in person, visit one of the AskOtago Hubs with your documents.

It may take several business days for your details to be updated in your eVision portal. It is a good idea to keep an eye on your email inbox and the My Alerts section of eVision in case you are asked to provide further information.