You will be asked to provide your legal name details as part of the application process. To confirm your legal name details, these will either be confirmed against the National Student Index (NSI) if you have studied in New Zealand, or you will be asked to provide certified or original documentation.

If you wish to change your legal name on University of Otago records once confirmed, you will need to provide either an original or certified (witnessed/notarised) copy of evidence of the name change (e.g. marriage certificate, civil union certificate, deed poll, amended birth certificate).

If you need to make changes prior to graduating, the documentation should be provided at least five weeks prior to the ceremony.

AskOtago SharePoint: Update student details requests

Comments (0)