The Dunedin Tertiary Open Day is an immersive event designed to give prospective students and their families first-hand experience of what the tertiary environment is like.
The Events office has confirmed that it will be held on Sunday 7 and Monday 8 May 2023.
For any enquiries regarding the date for the Tertiary Open Day, email Jane Reynolds from the Events team: firstname.lastname@example.org
When/where is the Expo?
The Expo is on Monday 8 May only from 9am–3pm.
- Sciences, Business, and Humanities in the Link.
- Health Sciences and Student Support Services in the Union Hall.
- OUSA, Colleges, Scholarships, and Admissions in the Main Common Room
How do I tour the colleges?
Free hop-on hop-off shuttles leave 9am–4pm on both Sunday and Monday to go around the colleges (except the ones right on campus). People visiting on Friday and Saturday are welcome to go to the colleges and ask for a tour.
How do I download the Tertiary Open Day (TOD) app?
You don't need to look for it on the App Store/Google Play, but you will need to register at the URL below. You will then be sent an email with all the information you need:
- Go to the app registration link ( https://events.otago.ac.nz/2023tod/otago-app) and register.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email containing a download link and a unique PIN.
- Open the app and enter the event code
- Log in by entering your email address and the PIN provided in the confirmation email. You can now use the app to plan your day.
Once you have the app you have access to the same information as in the booklet. However two things have been added:
- There is now a Sunday Law presentation at 3:30–4:30pm in St David Lecture Theatre, and
- Two tours of the Dental School, both on Sunday at 2pm and 2:30pm.
The Airport Shuttle code is valid from Friday 5 May until Thursday 11 May. The trip needs to be pre-booked to take advantage of the code.
Contacting the Events team on TOD
If AskOtago staff need to contact the Events team on the day for any reason, these are the following people/numbers to call:
- Dee +64 21 271 6480
- Jane +64 21 279 3780
On the day, please direct anyone needing a booklet or specific help to the TOD Information Tent, which will be set up opposite the Staff Club. Alternately they could ask anyone on campus wearing a hi-vis vest.