If you’re new to printing at Otago, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Get your student ID card
Once you have completed course declaration, you will be able to pick up your student ID card. The ID is used for a variety of reasons, and the printing system is one of these. More information about the Student ID card can be found at the following link:
Step 2: Register your ID card with the printers
The first time you use your student ID card with the printing system, you will need to register the card. This enables the printer to link your card to your student printing account.
Registration happens automatically the first time you log in to a printer using your ID card:
- Tap your current student ID card against the card reader.
- Touch the username box on the touchscreen of the printer, and enter your username and password using the on-screen keyboard.
- Touch Login on the screen. It may take a short while because you are logging in for the first time.
- Log out and test that your registration was successful by tapping your card against the reader again. You should be logged in without needing to type in your details.
Remember to log out after registering your ID card and after any printing, copying, or scanning.
Step 3: Load printing funds onto your ID card
Once you have registered your card, you will need to add money to your printing account using the online top-up system or at the Uniprint Shop. Printing and photocopying incurs a charge but scanning is free.
Adding student printing funds
Student printing costs
Step 4: Send a print job to the printer
There is a variety of methods for sending jobs to the University printers, and instructions for printing using a variety of methods can be found in the AskOtago knowledgebase, using the links below:
You don't pay for your print job until you pick it up from the printer.
- Printing from Student Desktop/Staff Desktop
- Printing from your own device using @Print
- Printing outside the Dunedin campus
- Printing from your own device using installed print drivers
Step 5: Release your print job for printing at any printer
You can use any Uniprint printer to print out your document. These printers can be found in student computer labs, some departments, and libraries—look for the Uniprint label shown below.
These printers can also be used to scan and photocopy.
Your print job will disappear from the queue after 10 hours, so ensure you print it out before it goes.
Please contact AskStudent IT if you need help with printing. You can speak to an AskStudent IT Representative in person at the AskOtago Central Hub on the Dunedin campus, or:
Tel +64 3 479 5170
If you require more advanced printing options than the Uniprint printers can offer—such as posters, binding, lamination, thesis printing, and many other services—Uniprint can help: