Your lecturer or tutor may ask you to submit your assignment (exam, essay, report, project, etc.) using Blackboard. If your department provides specific instructions for how to submit an assignment in Blackboard, please use those first, otherwise please follow the general instructions below:
- Log in to Blackboard and click on the paper name for which you're submitting the assignment.
- Find the name of the assignment (it will be in one of the content areas — browse through the buttons in the paper menu to find it), then click on the name of the assignment link. If you are unsure where the assignment submission might be, you can ask your lecturer.
- You can either attach a file or use the Submission box to type in (or cut and paste) your assignment. Type relevant comments into the Comments box to make it clear who you are and what assignment file you are submitting.
- Click on Browse My Computer to locate the file on your computer and double-click to select it. Tip: keep your file names simple and don't use odd characters (#, !, &, etc.). If you need to submit more than one file for this assignment, repeat this step.
- When your assignment is ready to send, click Submit. If you click Save as Draft instead your assignment will not be submitted to your lecturer/tutor. You should see a message at the top of the page: "This assignment is complete. Review the Submission History." If you want to check that everything has gone through okay, click on the name of the assignment link. Look in the Review Submission History to see the file or files you have submitted.
- If the assignment type is a Turnitin Direct Submission, Turnitin should display a receipt upon successful submission and you should take a copy of this by either taking a screenshot or clicking Print and saving as a PDF. Blackboard Assignments will send you an email to confirm that your submission was received.
- If your lecturer has allowed you to submit your assignment more than once, you can start another submission by clicking
Start New Submission within the assignment page.
- If your lecturer has only allowed one submission and you upload the wrong file or make a mistake, please contact AskOtago
urgently via telephone:
Tel: 0800 80 80 98.
- If your lecturer has only allowed one submission and you upload the wrong file or make a mistake, please contact AskOtago urgently via telephone:
See also the related article: Confirming exam submission in Blackboard
The Blackboard website has a video you can watch online showing you how to submit an assignment using Blackboard:
If you have attempted to submit an assignment or exam using Blackboard but forgot to attach the file, the submission will be blank and have a timestamp. Contact AskOtago immediately. They may be able to arrange for the assignment to be re-opened for another submission.
You are unable to edit an assignment in Blackboard, you must resubmit the assignment, and not all assignments can be resubmitted.
- If you submitted your online exam in Blackboard accidentally before you were finished, first check with AskOtago
- If you accidentally uploaded the wrong file when submitting your assignment using Blackboard (for example, an earlier draft or an assignment for another paper), contact AskOtago immediately. See the related article: Wrong file (assignment/exam) uploaded to Blackboard
- If your lecturer allows you to submit an assignment more than once, you will see a Start New Submission function on the Review Submission History page. You can access this page by clicking the assignment link in your course.
Contact AskOtago if you have any problems submitting your assignment through Blackboard:
0800 80 80 98 (within New Zealand)
Tel +64 3 479 7000
Submit an enquiry
To find out whether your assignment in Blackboard has been graded:
- In the Course Menu, click Tools, and then click My Grades.
- If your assignment has not been graded, the Grade column contains a symbol indicating its status. Please see the Blackboard Help website for an explanation of the different symbols: Blackboard Help — Where are my grades?
- If your assignment has been submitted and graded, the grade will appear in the Grade column.
- To view more detail, click the link to see the assignment's Review Submission History page.
Only internal marks will be available on Blackboard. Final marks will be presented in eVision.
Process specific to Blackboard exams
If a student has submitted their exam but has forgotten to attach the file, escalate to the Examinations team for Blackboard support.
If a student contacts AskOtago to advise they are experiencing issues uploading their exam into Blackboard, whoever answers the call should start with basic troubleshooting:
- If the upload fails, is an error message provided?
- Encourage the student to try a different browser, as Blackboard works best in Chrome.
- Recommend to the student that they clear cookies and cache.
- Check with them what file type they are trying to upload, in case it is a type that can’t be accommodated.
If you are unable to solve the issue for the student after basic troubleshooting, please pass through to the Examinations team for Blackboard support. They may be able to offer an alternative solution to get the file uploaded and/or upload the file themselves.
Advise the student to complete an Online Examinations Incident Report.
You will also need to complete an Online Examinations Incident Report as the Examinations team will need to use this to confirm the student’s account of events.