AskStudent IT help to look after a range of study spaces, which are available for you to use all year round. Dedicated computer labs and computer areas in libraries provide wireless access, colour printing and scanning, and computers running the Student Desktop.
Dunedin campus study spaces
Student computer study spaces are found throughout the Dunedin campus, and the computers run the same Student Desktop that you can use on your own computer. You can log in to the Student Desktop using your student username and password.
24-hour computer labs
- Hercus CAL (during semester time)
- North CAL, opposite the Science Library
- TCOL-Mac (TG05) and TCOL-PC (TG06), both on Ground Floor of Tower Block, College of Education
Student computer study spaces by campus area
Computer resource areas are available during the same hours as their building unless noted as 24-hour (access via student ID card).
Other computer areas
eStops provide a place to easily access the Student Desktop, and a printer, if you require quick access to the desktop and a printer:
- Castle eStop (Castle Lecture Theatres)
- Plaza eStop (University Plaza)
- Psychology eStop (first floor, William James Building)
- Robertson eStop (Robertson Library)
- St David eStop (St David Lecture Theatre Complex)
If you just need a place to use your laptop to print or access the internet, check out the Marsh Centre or any of the libraries:
Windows or macOS
Most of the student computer areas only have Windows/PC computers.
Some labs (Hunter CAL and TG05) have macOS computers that also can use the Windows Student Desktop.
Computer lab environment
AskStudent IT strive to provide all students with great areas to study in, however sometimes there can be issues:
- Carpet worn or torn?
- Lab too hot or cold?
- Lab unclean, or equipment dirty?
- Light bulb flickering or out?
- Other students being noisy, unruly, or damaging equipment?
- Printer out of paper, toner, or staples?
If you notice any problems please contact AskStudent IT in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, call us on +64 3 479 5170, or submit an enquiry/chat with us through the AskOtago service portal.