The New Zealand Government's Student Loan Scheme is administered through StudyLink, a service of the Ministry of Social Development. To apply, you need to be either:
- A New Zealand citizen, or
Ordinarily resident in New Zealand and either:
- have been living in New Zealand for at least three years, and
- have held a residence class visa for three years, or
- be a refugee or protected person, or
- be sponsored into New Zealand by someone in your family who, at the time you were sponsored, was a refugee or protected person.
To apply for a student loan and/or allowance, visit the StudyLink website: